View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
marle

Out, The rehab did verify benefits before they accepted my daughter. They called me back and said that we would have to pay $1665 up front and that is what I did the day I took her there. When my daughter lost her insurance through us, we picked her up a policy through Blue Cross. She was eligible because of having been insured through Blue Cross on our policy. So her policy is legitimate. They paid $5000 of the $8400 in charges for her 10 ten stay. They have refused to pay for some of the services. When and if she gets a bill from the rehab, I will be calling because they assured us that she would be covered for the 10 days if we paid the $1665. They said that was the difference. So I don't really know what will happen. Maybe the rehab already knew that Blue Cross would only pay that amount. The insurance company paid the bill in November and Megan has not received anything from Brighton yet so we will see. I just want to be prepared because, like I said, she could have gone to the halfway house earlier if the rehab knew that she was not going to be covered. The rehab also knew that we had already paid for a month in the halfway house and they transferred her there when they told her that her insurance benefits had run out. Hugs, Marle