Old 11-30-2008, 03:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sojourner

Blizzard 77:

You are getting contradictory messages in answer to your OP. For instance, I am a divorced person who converted to the Catholic church, went through RCIA, and have always been able to receive the Body and Blood from the time i came in - and of course after the priest went over my situation with me - so i would say the a civil divorce does not exclude one from partaking but rather a re-marriage -

HOWEVER, that is not your question or your concerns right now. My suggestion is to talk to another priest. Addiction is a mental illness and is not conducive to the health and stability of the immediate family which the Catholic church finds to be of utmost importance. Again, I strongly suggest talking to another priest and doing some research within the Catholic church-approved literature - we here at this site are a bunch of lay people who, while we have the best of intentions for you and your family, are not the best suited to give correct Catholic advice - I hope you are pleasantly surprised by what you learn...