View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 01:28 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
FizzyWater
Sober since 9th May 2008

Wibble, thats brave mate, I haven't admitted to anyone apart from on here I'm an aloholic.

I'd be a bit wary of telling too many people too quickly, just watch that people can't use it against you, thats what I worry about, whether we like it or not people do attach a stigma to it. Just my thoughts, not a criticism or anything. I just reckon its nobody's business but my own and there's no reason why I should explain myself for not drinking, I never worried about telling people why I did drink afterall, taken me months to work that out though.

Lostbug, your post hit a mark with me as well, I sometimes wonder how I've managed to be any kind of dad to my kids up to now or earn any money to provide for them.

I often think just how creative and intelligent people we all are, ok you have to really look to see it, we've managed to hold jobs and survive all while spending the majority of our time either drinking ot working out ways to drink.

Not wanting to put pressure on you Pixy but I'd consider trying to get some days behind you before Christmas, the holiday period would be a hard time to try and stop in I would think.

Good to see you still doing well Timz and you Allport.