View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 11:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
I guess i see religion as the form, the myths, the oral traditions that arise around spirituality. When that overtakes the ginuine expereince and you are attached to the form for the forms sake in and of it's self...it is probably not so great a thing
Thank you! nice and concise Anan.
Originally Posted by splendra View Post
does anyone feel that there is ritual involved in addiction? I am not talking about placing people on alters or anything like that. Ritual: is a set of actions, often thought to have symbolic value.
There were some rituals in my drug use although for me they there were irregular as for time and day. The whole copping and using dope is very ritualistic. A real defined pattern of behaviors and emotions are involved. And once habituated the patterns seemed played out automatically mentally/emotional with or without dope, especially when constantly triggered by internal or external cues. I could describe being high as quasi-spiritual. The transit feeling of security, empowerment, connection and all the other feelings one gets from a spiritual practice are mostly there for me. Yea until the crash, then there's the return of suffering with severe addiction.