View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 07:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
winnie12

I dont buy all of that blame the parents crap. I never spoiled my son. I tought him to work and be responsible. It is just in his nature to be selfish - always has been. Even as a toddler he was demanding and threw temper tantrums like i've never seen from a child. i never gave in to him but he never stopped trying to manipulate and never gave up because he is stubborn and has always had a sense of entitlement. Sure sometimes parents can cause children to become spoiled and needy but that is not always the case. I have two children and have raised them both the exact same way and they are polar opposites of one another. Our society is teaching kids that they are little princes and princesses who never loose and when he doesnt get what all the other princes and princesses he knows gets he is furious at me.

I'm sorry if i came across harsh but i for one and tired of being told that my son's problems are my fault. I did the best i could, I raised him with morals, tought him good values and he has still chosen to take the path he is on. It has nothing to do with me or how I raised him and has everything to do with him and the choices he has made.