View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Rowan

Wow Tanny! I'm really proud of you.

Morning idiots - I am feeling depressed, and have been for a few days. Those who suffer from it understand the subtle slide that signals the beginning of an episode. I increased my meds about 6 weeks ago and don't want to increase them again quite yet. I'm discouraged that I'm always so tired, and don't understand why the iron supplements aren't helping. I sleep and sleep and sleep - and still am tired.

And my addictions doc who took a medical leave in July - no one knew what he was sick with for sure, but I saw him on Friday night and he was a different man in that he actually opened up and spoke about himself. It turns out that he has mylofibrosis, and his life expectancy is 1-5 years. He's only in his mid 60's and he's such a good man. He's been sober for 28 years and goes to meetings, runs trauma workshops, relapse prevention groups, one on one counselling. Nobody deserves to die, but especially so not this man. I don't care that it means no more counselling - I would gladly give that up if it meant he could keep his life.

Sorry for the ramble. I am very melancholy today and my back and hip are very sore.

Oh and I am the speaker for a birthday meeting tonight - I better snap out of this funk or everyone will want to drink when I'm through.

Last edited by Rowan; 11-24-2008 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Morning frst - I understand MEH