View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied
rozied

Don"t Know What To Do

I recieved another letter from my son yesterday. For people who don't know my son has been in and out of jail the lst 7 yrs due to stealing and his addiction. In June he was sent to wk release, found a job, got fired and because of that he was sent bk to jail. He wanted to hire a lawyer which he did. My ex told him he would buy his car & have his cousin pay Joey's lawyer. ( the car was going to be hers ) The lawyer charged a thousand dollars & he got Joey sent back to work release. This time my son was blessed enough to find a job selling cars even without a license which is very hard to do. He wked there 5 days & on the 5th day ( a Friday ) he arranged to leave wk at 2pm and not tell wk release. A girl picked him up & he never got bk to wk release until 9 hours late. They sent him bk to jail again. Then my ex never took the car. He had the nerve to ask my dad if he would sell it & I guess send him the money. My dad has possession of the title which is still in my son's name. I told my son & my ex that I was taking the car and holding it here for my son . I told my son if he wanted to sell it and use the money for an apartment when he gets out it was ok.
NOW my son says in his letter that his lawyer came to see him out of the blue & wants another $800 on top of the $1000 he pd him last time to get him home. I guess that means no wk release ( I just thought of that.) He promises never to steal again saying 17 months is too long to stay in jail for $24 worth of steaks. He is so off base. He thinks the reason I am angry is cuz he steals. No the reason I am disgusted, and don't know if I should help him or not is cuz he uses cocaine. He has written & told me the last nite he didn't go back it was cuz one line turned into 20. I am sorry if my post is confusing. He is in trouble cuz this has happened over & over again for the last 7 yrs & he never learns from his mistakes. He got so much time NOT for $24 worth of steaks but cuz he is a repeat offender with a long rap sheet & he is not only breaking the law over & over but he is alsoo violating his parole.
He glosses over all of it, he fights & fights to get out then does something wrong to put himself back in again.
Your opinions would be welcome, he wants me to sell the car & hire him a lawyer.
Love,
Diane