Thread: S.C. Check-in
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 09:19 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
joinedintime

Ananda, I do recall your "godlessness" (as you put it) from a couple other posts. I was just pleasantly surprised when I jumped into a section of SR where I had never posted, let alone asked a question, and found someone I knew responding right away.

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Nah, I don't think it's a cop out. You can only go by the evidence presented to you…there are a lot of unknowns when it comes to the Universe (and beyond?) and the existence of life.....

.... It is interesting to think about, but I find I really can't talk with anyone about the various possibilities because it's such a touchy subject.

If I have to go by a label, I'll say I'm an agnostic atheist.
Bamboozle, it is interesting to think about. No doubt about that. Now that I've been sober over 4 months I'm finding many things are more interesting to think about. Looking back, when I was drunk (or in between drunks - I was mostly a binge drinker) I think I was afraid to spend too much time thinking about the heavy/core issues of life. Don't imagine I was the first person to drink to try to avoid thinking, huh.

I don't know if you realized this but your description of yourself in your post combined with your signature line makes for one interesting mind-body description. Take a look at them together:

"If I have to go by a label, I'll say I'm an agnostic atheist."
"I am a hot, steaming, stinky, goopy, bacteria-filled lump of humanity. That is all for now."

Bugsworth, thanks for confirming my thought that religious people might want to separate recovery from ..... I guess preaching is the word I'm looking for here.