View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 06:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NOLAGirl

GiveLove, I can't tell you how grateful I am for the story you have shared with me. I feel like my eyes are opening and it's in no small part because of you. The people around me have never (thankfully) had to go through the situation you have or I have so they are unable to console me. They try to listen and offer advice when they can, but I can see they are at a loss for how to help. The last six years have been dreadful and emotionally exhausting. Not really at any point in all that time did I think about myself. I was always fretting over my mother and her actions. Every thought revolved around the decisions she was making and my next move in her ongoing drama. I guess I have been going about this the wrong way and I'm certain I have deep emotional scars as a result.

I think I'm going to take a step back and let this go. I'm not giving up, but just choosing to deal with this in the healthiest way possible. And right now, my freaking out and trying to force a treatment on her she is unwilling to try, is pointless. I know she is not ready yet to seek the help she so desperately needs.

Thank you, so so much for what you have written here. I'm feeling better than I have in quite awhile.

PS-
Don't worry about moving my thread. I think I've already recieved the best possible guidance and advice out there and I'm going to try to follow it.

Last edited by NOLAGirl; 11-16-2008 at 07:09 PM.