View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 11:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
CatWings

Well, I was trying to find a way to fit a secular form of the 12-steps into my own recovery program as well, so I was not talking to the program of other members exactly, since I have been attending them. But for now I need to keep it simple and think I am going to stick strictly to the totally secular forms of recovery. From my own history and experience, it gets me too confused to keep trying to go to 12-step meetings when there are other alternatives that I am finding out now.

I will look at what you suggest and get back to you at some point.

As an update: I looked for SMART meetings before in Colorado and there is only one miles and miles away. I just noticed on their web site that they have a main office in Mentor, Ohio. I found one meeting in Akron, OH and at the end of this month, I have to go there to take care of my mother's pets for damn near 18 days. I hardly know anyone there and if you have ever been in Northeast Ohio in the winter, it can be just downright gloomy. I am planning to just work on my web sites and my art. But I will definitely make a point to get to the SMART meeting there.

Last edited by CatWings; 11-15-2008 at 11:46 AM.