Old 11-14-2008, 02:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CatWings

That is really great. Mine is my intuition and I guess that is a product of my "higher self" that is also connected to everything and is able to help me navigate in the right direction for my highest good.

I just had a conversation with my father who has been in AA for years and years.

He just said that for him, the God problem can be resolved in terms of just looking at anything larger than your addicted self. It doesn't have to be some God pushing and pulling the levers on all your actions. It can just be about "Hey, I can't control everything and everyone around me." There's more to it than just me. It is merely a step in humility.

I see myself as connected to a larger whole of which I am a small part and if I do my best with myself, I do my best to affect positively, that larger composition of energy and people.

So, I have to rely on my intuition and sort through all the sneaky, eroneous messages and get to a higher place that informs me of where to go next. Surrendering my "false" self to higher actions of my higher self and my intuitively divine self is my form of higher power.

Things outside of myself will also show me the way in this, I am sure.