View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 07:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
woops

I agree with what Windy says above.

They are pretty horrible drugs (very powerful and addicting too - originally produced for use as anaesthesia........... but now used for treating so much - those "awkward" problems like "anxiety"((whatever that is?)) A general sort of panacea doled out by docs to many "neurotic" females who clog up their surgeries. Said to me by a young doc.)

Not really the sort of drugs to have lying around the house - I dont think.
Apparently these drugs - benzos - cause changes in brain chemistry which can be detected after only 4 days of use - so by that definition - a patient could be addicted after only 4 days!! On the prescriptions here it states usage should be for a short time only - and they should not be used beyond two weeks. But I know that there are people who have been on them for much longer - and claim not to be addicted - but they are addicted and only discover that when they try to stop. Horrible situation to find yourself in. There is a ton of info on the benzo site - Windy quotes one above - and I would go along with his suggestion. They have such a lot of information (dont need to listen to us!) - and if you wish - lots of recommendations as to how to come off and will support you too.

There are some British sites - but their recovery is based on a valium taper.
I dont know what RUNVS approach to slow taper is - but he is well worth a read ..... and chat. Wish he had time to pop in here still - I miss him!

Fingers crossed that you can escape by just stopping as you are doing..................... but if you find it too difficult - then you will find lots of help to get off - so no worries - one way or another you will do this. Your biggest hurdle is over - you have admitted you are hooked.......................................

Good luck

woops

Couldn't resist this!! LOL Must say I identify with it though!!?

It's called "benzo anxiety"!

Last edited by woops; 11-12-2008 at 07:51 AM. Reason: spelling