Thread: Slipped up :(
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Pam08

Oh my, this is me, quit quit quit. That is my story. I did what you call relapse during outpatient rehab. , after going 26 days. and have since did the "Relapse" thing 3 more times. I had so much guilt and shame each time, I felt like such a weak person, but I got up and started at day one. I was told that if you have guilt and shame it is good, there is hope for a new beginning. Posting and AA is the biggest life changer for me. So much support and understanding between the two. In my immediate life no one understands what it is to feel like I do, no addicts of any sorts close to me. But here and AA, everyone understands. What I realised the last time I relapsed when cops, rescue/fire trucks and ambulance was called to my home is that I can't do this anymore, I will die if I do or be hauled off in a straight jacket. The shame to have to go outside my home and see the neighbors,,ughh, The relapses get worse, and I am truly afraid of the next one. Be strong, and know you are not alone. Keep plugging, that is what I am doing. :ghug