View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Stubborn1
Ph.D in insanity!!

Wow......first, let me say I am not a fool. This is his home as it is mine. He will not have a long stay if there is not a program started. He just had major surgery so I do not expect him to run to the local AA meeting. Yes he is coming here and he will heal.
If he up and leaves then so be it. If he decides to quit drinking that's great to.
I have complete confidence in myself and my boundaries.
Everyones situation is different, everyones bottom is different. There ARE recovery stories. If this isn't one in the end then so be it, I'm fine with that.
If there is........then it's all been worth it.
Yes he has a choice not to live hours away from us and back to the old job. He is an adult and has choices. He will work here.
He's not weaseling anything. I told him when he was ready I would support him (in his recovery), not support him financially. Some how, some way he has put a roof over our heads for eight years. I did not allow him here for many years.
Yes I have three children with him. They are educated in alcoholism. They know what's going on as much as they need to know.
I've had years of manipulations, and all the things that an award winning alcoholic would pull so this isn't going to take me by surprise.
I'm not going to be a victim of alcoholism and I'm taking it for what it's worth and for today it's all good.
Obviously I can not sum up nine years of our history to strangers. My post was to share the possibilty of good news..........it's sad to me that so many are bitter and so cold.