View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 02:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

Quote:
The other night he had a glass of wine with me. He said that it was ok for him to do this every now and then....
If he's an alcoholic it it NOT ok to do that every now and then.
It's not OK IF he's an alcoholic in recovery. However, obviously he is not in recovery. What he is doing is NOT what an alcoholic in recovery does. Alcoholics in recovery don't drink.

ps - as a former crackhead my warning bells go off any time i hear about someone "disappearing" for a few days.......could be wrong tho........
I absolutely have to agree with Anvil 100%. If he lied to you about alcohol. What's to say that he hasn't lied to you about drugs and a whole host of other things. One thing is certain, he is not the man you thought he was. You've only known him 6 mos. Maybe it was a really intense 6 mos. But that's not a lot of time to really "know" someone. Especially if they have a tendency to twist the truth (which he has done.) Be very careful and decide if this kind of behavior is what you want to live with for the rest of your life. Because you can't change him. Love can't change him. And love won't protect you from alcoholics or drug addicts.