Old 11-02-2008, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ago

well done!

For me, it's very close, my "higher power" is "inside me" but isn't me, it's "of me" but not me.

truthfully, a kind of embarrassing little secret of mine is the way Obi Wan Kenobi describes "The Force" in the very first Star Wars Film pretty much sums up my "higher Power".

It's that part of me, like a spark of electricity that's connected to every thing else in the Universe, that is my higher power, the part I access is "inside me" but it encompasses "All".

It's what's there when my ego is gone, it expresses itself as "intuition" or "gut feelings" and when I am tune with it I have no feeling of "separateness", I feel "at one" with everything else.

That's why quite often I will say about something "it dropped from my head to my heart", because in my heart area is where I feel my "higher power" resides, whereas my "head", if I look at the evidence is a lying bastid that is truly out to get me.

"My Head" does A+B=C perfectly, but quite frequently gives me the "wrong values" for A or B so ensures I will "remain in Ego" perpetually. It also gnaws on unrelated "issues" for days, weeks, months, years, even decades to try to insure I "remain in Ego"

example; A few months ago I'm talking to friend about a relationship and I'm chewing on all these questions, "what did she mean by this" "why does she behave like this?' "Is she in fact faithful to me?" etc. finally my friend interrupts me and says, "that's great Andrew, but all these questions are irrelevant, the question you should be asking yourself is 'Does this relationship bring me peace?'"

THAT was the relevant question IMO, the other stuff was just brain chatter, and the answer was actually No, this relationship makes me crazy and live in perpetual pain and drama, and frequently act like an a$$hole.

OK, note to self, Gas Station Coffee is way stronger then Starbucks.

what my post should have said: That's great, me too.