Old 10-30-2008, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dixied

How I solved the dilema with your help and support

Friends,

For those that read my last post regarding my son wanting assistance in gas, insurance, tags etc. so that he could use his car and take a commission/sales job........here's what happened........

As most of you know he is 10 months clean and has moved to a halfway/treatment center so he does have some sobriety and support.
I talked to the counselor and he said the company that offered my son the
job is established in the area but the job is mostly marketing and commmision only in regards to salary.

In a nutshell this is what happened. He told me my son would be pretty angry about not getting the car and to know that up front. That if I could accept his probably not wanting to communicate for a while with me that I should factor that into my decision.

Therefore........I decided we would NOT send the car. However, IF he continues to search for a job and abide by the rules of the treatment center we will pay for next month's fees at the treatment center and then see how the job hunting is going. Basically, I felt if he couldn't afford the gas he didn't need that particular job. So I stuck to my guns and said no to the car.
Of course I know and accept he probably won't initiate any talking to me for awhile but the counselor said if anything happens that I should be aware of he'll let me know. I really do feel that I did the right thing.

Thanks for listening and any support sent my way.
Dixied