Thread: need feedback
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 05:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Dixied)))

I agree with everyone else, go with your gut. I, personally, think you are right to not jump in there with all the expenses he needs.

I took a job waiting tables, mainly because I would have money in my pocket every night. Of course, I was in a diversion center and we were allowed ONLY to use the bus/rail system for tranpsortation. There is just no way I could work for commission...I have to have a steady income that I can count on.

One other thing....This is one of his consequences of his using, and I think HE needs to deal with it. I struggled for a year, not having a car, because I put myself there. When I was actually able to buy a car, I had a huge sense of accomplishment.

In my opinion, if you get a job, are required to have a car and can't afford one, you look for another job. Just like I have nursing SKILLS, but I don't have a current license, so I can't be a nurse. My consequences.

I think you did an awesome job in your response. He may not get the job he WANTS, but I'm sure he can find a job that will provide a steady income.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy