Thread: Trust Your Gut
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sknyfats

Oh - I was hurt. I had been hurting plenty these last few weeks. And, I know better - that my anger, or my pain is just that - "mine". No one makes me hurt or makes me angry. That's me letting someone have a little power over me. So I had been struggling with why I was still feeling hurt - even though I knew better.

I don't know much about all the codie stuff people talk about on here - but I would venture to say I was a bit codependant in this relationship - which is why I did feel hurt up till now. I've done a lot of "work" on myself after learning about how to perform "personal growth" thanks to a wonderful woman I dated a couple years ago who was heavily into that. I got a lot out of it myself - and am kicking myself now for having gotten into this relationship when I saw the writing on the wall from day one.

Yes - it took a bit - but I am 100% positive that I don't deserve the kind of treatment I was allowing myself to be subjected to & I'm 100% positive that I was definitely having boundaries crossed & being treated very poorly. Just took me a bit to get to that 100% mark