View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Well, I finally have good news. I went to my dr., who I adore, and who is helping me. He met me at the door with a hug, I told him what was going on and he said "baby girl, I've got you...don't worry".

He gave me 5 weeks worth of samples of a new antidepressant (Prestiq) that he has seen really good results with, and this is what I've felt I needed all along. He said he has tons of samples, so don't worry about paying for them. He also gave me a week's worth of low-dose seroquel because the Prestiq will initially cause more insomnia.

He wants to see how I react to the Prestiq before deciding whether I need migraine meds. I've had these headaches before, but never for 9 days, nonstop. He clearly documented PTSD on my chart, and was impressed at the way I was treated yesterday, but was pretty ticked about the dr. the day before. He also confirmed that workman's comp doesn't deal with this stuff unless they're pushed.

I know the Prestiq will take a week or 2 to get in my system, but I know how an anti-d helped years ago when I went through similar symptoms. He did give me more lortab 5mg's, but I honestly do not want them until my headache comes back. I haven't even taken them as often as I can, and I am VERY grateful that through all this, I am fiercely protecting my recovery.

It only cost me $39 today to see him and get scripts filled and that is a low price for sanity.

It is just such a relief to know that someone believes me, and is backing me up, and believes in me.

I was actually able to car dance to music on the way home..it's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I am taking a trip for dad this afternoon. I got a good night's rest, and feel up to it. Plus, it will pay me $300

I, so much, appreciate you all and my dr. is well aware of my "moms and dad's" here and how much you've helped me.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy