Old 10-21-2008, 10:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NeedingHelp7

Can anyone else relate to or know about these medications to the extent of addicts using them? Have any of you been versed in the health related problems I described as being brought on by addiction??????
Yes...

I noticed he had a lot of acid reflux
My AH too has this and takes a prescribed med for it.

He told me he has asthma but I have never seen him with a script for one or any indication he has asthma. His mother gave him inhalers when I saw her last...they were hers, not his.
My AH too has this. Much opiate use constricts the lungs, thats how people die on them. My AH takes 3 different inhalers prescribed by his Dr.

He has intestinal bleeding from constipation brought on by opiate usage. He suffered two serious bloodclots and became anemic and was hospitalized. He was encouraged to have the surgery to fix the hemorrhoids but refused.
My AH too has had hemorroids a few times during our marriage. He also has had chronic pancreatitis, was hospitalized for it. He now has to take pancreas medication for the rest of his life.

His Dr prescribed over 100 hydros at one point and I was shocked. What Doctor would do that??????
My AH Dr. did this for over 5 years, until he labeled him drug dependant and stopped prescribing to him, after he almost died last year from using crack and zanax too.
So he now is obtaining his opiates through pain management. Sometimes 2 different kinds. It's now over for us...I hope it's not over for his life.

He couldnt afford or find a dr to prescribe him OXY (he had one before) or hydro, so he orders Tramadol online and has taken soma with it.
My AH too takes soma. Tramadol is still very addicting to addicts, it's a synthetic opiate. I had a fit when his Dr. was going to put him on this after detoxing him last year, but he got the real stuff and what he wanted through pain management anyway.

"Important information about Fioricet
I used to drive myself crazy reading all the info on AH meds. Because in reality, by the readings of all info sheets, he shouldn't have been taking any of them. And I would panic!

What bothers me is he has a history of suicide and chronic depression.
My AH too has this, and takes an antidepressant also.

My AH was hospitalized 3 times during our marriage, many times before that also.
About 1 time a year. In the beginning of our marriage it was for "med adjustments." I now know
what the med adjustments were. They were drug abuses. I was so naive to prescription addiction. I had no idea. Now I know. The 3rd time was crack too.

My huggs and sympathies to you, and even him, as hard as it is to say.

You don't know what a blessing you are tonight to me. You reminded me I need to tell my lawyer of all the health related problems brought on by AH's drug abuse.

Thankyou, thankyou.

NH7