View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 08:46 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

So sick of this college-kid-drama. Just got a vitriolic email from ck lambasting me for demanding she pay her phone bill to me. Telling me I'm trying to make the family hate her. I'm so depressed and mad about the whole mess I can't respond as I'm too mad to be rational. Expecting her to pay a teeny expense to have a phone is "unreasonable"?? Carrying on about how she'll have to pay her own college expenses if she doesn't get financial aid next year. Well, welcome to the Real World!! Join the millions of college grads paying for their schooling!

As if I'm directly contributing to her future burden of debt... So am I supposed to cave in and let her have service for free? What would happen after school? Would this be a gift for life? Wouldn't she be shocked as hell to discover 'other' services come with a price? Might negatively impact her perspective of Life, don't you think? And if that necessitated counseling or therapy in the future, would I be responsible for that expense, since I brought her 'problems' on by insisting she pay?

I hate feeling like the bad guy when I know I'm not, and that I'm being perfectly reasonable. Tired of being hit with all this bs by someone not yet mature, throwing a tantrum like a two year old.

I'm sober, damn it, and I am NOT a witch! I just had to scream for a bit to let it out so I won't develop an ulcer overnight.