Old 10-21-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BayAreaPhoenix

Depression is a symptom and a cause of opiate addiction (as well as other addictions)... You can't fix any of his problems or issues for him, he has do that for himself. I understand the need to understand, but what are you doing for you? It's hard to accept, but really it's the only thing you can do.

My soon to be Ex AH is an opiate addict. He avoids Drs. like the plague. He has had a few check ups with high levels on his liver that I attributed to him taking blood tests during allergy season (I didn't know about the opiate addiction and abuse), so I thought his allergy meds were causing the high-levels. Who knows what other medical issues he has going on. Anything is possible. Liver, kidney, intestinal issues. Constipation and not urinating enough, etc. It goes on and on.

YOU knowing more about the health issues isn't going to change or stop him. It hasn't yet.

I didn't know anything about this world either, and I felt I had to educate myself as best I could, but finally I got to the point where I understood that no amount of MY understanding HIS issues and consequences were going to help him. Only he has that power.

Hugs to you -