View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 12:08 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Jersey Nonny
Old & Sober Member of AA

Here!!!

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
where's jersy?????????

I am steaming!!! Every month they vote by ballot for Employee of the Month, and the winner is awarded a $25. gift certificate. In November, it has to be an aide on the 3 - 11 shift. There are only two full-time on my floor for that shift...the rest are per-diem...and either of the two is deserving.

Because it really is a popularity contest and depends on how many bother to vote, no one ever wins on this floor. So, I decided to try to do something to encourage more to get involved. I had 20 of the ballots printed up and started to go to the patients (who could understand), the nurses, and the aides on this shift. You would have thought I was trying to fix the election, simply because I wanted to see someone on our floor win for a change! I wasn't telling them who to vote for, just who was qualified, and asking them "Please" to vote.

I threw up my hands in disgust! I've never seen such complacency! Why should I care, if nobody else does? What is it they say about, "No good deed goes unpunished?"

I think I need to back off being so pro-active...I don't really think it's appreciated. Thank goodness for this place...I really needed to vent!!!