View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 04:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Shoot, SS...I was beginning to wonder if I said something to p!ss you off.

You do what it is you have to do and worry about yourself first. Once you take care of yourself, you can worry about other people.

Probably not good advice from me...I'm currently living under a rock. I don't really have any friends anymore. I'm not saying this to get pity (don't worry...I have family)...it's simply the truth. When I moved a little over a year ago, I left all of my friends (drinking buddies) behind. I didn't really make any friends where I'm at now...well, maybe one, but she has a drug/alcohol problem...I probably shouldn't be hanging out with her so I don't...such a shame, too, because she is a really interesting person. I don't connect with many people...so when I do it hurts to stay away. Why do I always find that people with substance problems are always the people I like associating with? I always have more interesting conversations with them, even when they are not using. Argh!

Anywho, there I go again. This thread isn't about me.

SS, please take care of yourself. Do what you have to do to get better. I like having you around here, but if you need breaks, you need breaks. People can be stressful. :ghug3