View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 05:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
jane_668

I think all addicts tend to diagnose themselves with different kinds of disease.I guess fear is part of our disease.We believe that something must be wrong with us after all what we did to our body.

I always thought that I have a liver disease and that the doctor's diagnosis were wrong.I was always throwing up and taking huge loads of pain pills.so it was something normal to expect that.Everyone wanted me to test my liver but I thought what the use.I'll know when the time comes how bad my infected kidneys were.I even started associating symptoms to liver disease.I was always down thinking that any day could be my last day.Suddenly I decided to cut the crap and do some tests.I felt so pathetic.The results came back all negative.My kidneys were perfectly healthy.I couldnot believe it.

Now as I look back I laugh.We like to beat ourselves up.We imagine that we know more than doctors and that probably we have all the diseases in the world.So just cheer up and take it easy.You still have 3months before you have to worry again and probably you'll get the same results.No need to panic.