View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 07:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Lily
*Grateful*

I agree w/ BV. If you do have HIV, and it is not showing yet due to the negative window you would not have a compromised immune system yet due to that. Using though you would big time. You aren't taking care of yourself probably not eating properly, etc. Do you think you got the bacteria from shooting? do you have cats?

Take care of yourself, stay clean, eat good foods and re-test in a few months. the negative window is usually only 3 months, but then you can test again. Good for you facing up to your fears. I was positive i was positive back in 87 while doing meth. I never tested till 1991. I was negative. My mind played such tricks on me that I was sure I had end stages of AIDS when I first got clean while in detox. I even told my counselor and I remember I wrote letters saying goodbye to ppl cuz i only had a few months left. I was so happy to be clean, but was so sure i was now going to die of AIDS and very soon!

Try not to read too much about medical stuff right now, it will make you crazy. I know you just want to sort everything out and face everything right away, but be gentle with yourself....take care of yourself......rest up.

blessings, Sheila