View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 10:46 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
desertdonna

That’s a great song, Paul, way to go! I can’t help having an appreciation of Metallica being an old rocker fan; not that into heavy metal but there are some songs that just hit it with their brilliance. I can’t even imagine trying to sing it. You’ve got such talent.

Side note: Around twenty years ago, before public karaoke came on the scene, there was this little place inside a mall in upstate New York where you could rent a booth for 10 minutes at $20 a pop and sing over and record the top songs while the words played on a screen. There was even a mirror inside so you could not only try to read the words on the display, but admire yourself at the same time. So here’s this friend and me crammed into this booth, taking turns belting Guns N’ Roses’ “Sweet Child o’ Mine” while trying our damndest not to laugh or find a small pause to take a breath and straining to get that shriek at the end. We thought we were so hot. I have the cassette buried in a box somewhere. It’s a good thing it wasn’t a public event as we were stunningly bad, but still love the song.

Anyway, I knew that you lived in a smaller town in Washington and that you and your girlfriend reside in a mobile. It’s the proverbial rock and hard place when you’re leasing and options are limited. There are ways to break the lease/option without paying more money, but it depends on the lease clauses and having it looked at by an attorney or legal aid. Anything like that there? How about medical/health/social services facilities that are close that could assist with OCD issues? I also remember someone on the forum taking online classes to get a better job. Maybe an option?

So we keep singing and reach out for what we need away from the bottle or the pot. At the very least there’ll be more money in our pocket and we won’t feed the beast.

Good thoughts to you. Thanks for the songs. Still wish I could pull up a chair on karaoke night. Hang in there.

Hugs,
Donna