Thread: Quality of life
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 06:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Bam,

I read your post. I got something different from your post than our other friends, maybe.

I am different. I think and live "outside the box" most of the time. So, I'm gonna try a different response to your post.

I sense you are overwhelmed with personal obligations to others in your life. Do you feel overwhelmed with their concerns and nothing left for yourself?

Picture this: Your body has electrical cords extended in all directions and you are plugged into other people, people, people and obligated in other areas. You are spending your "energy" on others. You are over loading your circuits. Sounds like you have blown the breaker box at this point.

Picture this now: Unplug yourself. Unplug yourself again. Unplug yourself another time. See it happen. Conserve your energy.

You may very well be plugged into some energy stealers. They may think you are selfish and self-centered for separating your energy from theirs. You don't have to physically leave. Just do not give them anymore of your energy. Unplug!

I have finally learned to unplug from energy stealers in my life. Some people took it personally. Some true friends respected me. One of my favorite songs is Melissa Ethridges "Talking To My Angel", I just love that song, especially now that I am sober. My favorite line from that song:

"I sold my soul for freedom,
It's lonely, but it's sweet"

I really feel like I put myself out there with this post?! Maybe you will understand Bam, if not, I'll enjoy being the psycho bird of the bunch!