View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 09:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
GiveLove

K,

Maybe you're tired of providing all the money, all the affection, all the strength in this relationship and getting precisely jack in return.

Maybe you want your child to have a better start than that.

For what it's worth, I think your mom is right. There seems to be nothing in this relationship - even before he wasn't working - that feeds you in the way you deserve. There IS someone out there who will accept the love & tenderness you offer and give it back to you many times over.....probably lots of someones.....but you will never meet them as long as you settle for this mediocre, one-sided relationship.

I could not have known the joy I would find when I finally took a deep breath and left my XABF behind, and found that there were people out here who are nothing like him. I mourn the years I spent deliberating about it.

I hope you are taking care of yourself and have faith that taking action will result in a better future for you & your baby.

GL

P.S. Not to scare you, but I've seen women miscarry from the stress of bad relationships, and it's eerie, almost like you said -- like the baby could see what it was about to be born into, and said, "Uhhh, no thanks, I'll come back later when I have a better chance in life." It is sad as hell, but (in my niece's case for example) later on she was able to have a strong, healthy son, when the conditions weren't so dangerous for him. It's like he knew it was okay to come then. Take care of the two of you!!!!