View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

Yes, there is hope.
Continue to work with your doctor as a partner in your health care. I am glad you are proactive, and research yourself. It is important that we become knowledgeable about our conditions, medications and alternate sources of treatment. For example, exercise is very good for anxiety. So is proper diet.

Indeed, taking care of ourselves physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually is very important. And it will help us control our anxiety. Have you tried meditation? Yoga or pilates? What is something you would like to learn? Do you treat yourself with kindness? Do you remember to reward yourself, or to pamper yourself occassionally? And are you in touch with your Higher Power?

Take the time to do some good for yourself. Get out of your mind a bit. Explore other aveneues of your life. You'll find that these four areas, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual; along with your medications can help you overcome and deal with your anxieties so much. And if needed, a good therapist is worth their weight in gold, too!

I wish you the best. Please let us know how it's going for you. I look forward to getting to know you as we both grow in our recovery.

Shalom!