Thread: Looking back
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 08:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stubborn1
Ph.D in insanity!!

Originally Posted by orviske View Post
I'm just beginning to realize that in order to help my ABF I have to be good to myself and my unborn. That I need recovery because of my co-dependency.

I know every situation is different, but I just wanted to say tha tI respected your decision to separate from your AH before your children got too old.

I am struggling with whether to stay or go, and my baby is still in utero.

Your post gave me courage, and hope for a life away from all this sorrow (and the PIT OF HELL) I felt I knew exactly what you meant by that. I feel like I'm in a nightmare and can't wake up.

Thanks again...

K
I remember your posts. I was in the exact same spot. Once I left and went to my mothers it ate at me until I went back to him. It didn't take long for him to treat me like garbage. It wasn't totally horrible but it would progress to worse. I see me in you. I wish I could go pick you up and drive you to your families and they could keep you there for at least six months so that you can see for yourself he has no interest in changing. He'll tell you promises and because you are an emotional basket case right now you will hold on to his words. Then after the baby is born you will be a wreck because your hormones will be out of whack.......it takes a few months to get back to normal and realize that you CAN have a nice life.
I hope for you that when you do have this baby that the entire world disappears and your only goal is to surround yourself with positive people and know what love is. You would not want what you are going through for your own child. I know that. I do think about you and wonder how you are. I really have been there.