Old 09-29-2008, 11:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

My biggest concern is he is using, in the same house as your kids. You are putting yourself, and your kids, at a huge risk.
I agree 5000% on this one, and in Florida, once Children Services takes your kids, and if they find drugs in the house they will, you will have a long long up hill fight and still may not get them back.

I have to say that in some ways i disagree with me badgering him not helping....it is making it harder for him to use..if i say nothing, it is justifying his use..
I can say that when this happened TO ME all I did was TUNE OUT the person doing it, and many of those I have worked with in Recovery these last 27 plus years have said the same.

NOTHING and I DO MEAN NOTHING you do will get him to quit.

You didn't CAUSE it,

You can't CONTROL it, and

You can't CURE it.

He is ADDICTED, and only when he reaches his own "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" will he be ready to do something about it.

Please, concentrate on YOU and your children. Get counseling or try Alanon and/or Naranon, go to at least 6 meetings to decide if they can help you to

Figure out what YOU want
Learn how to set YOUR boundaries and stick to them
Get off the Roller coaster
Stop the dance
Get on with your life and your childrens.

Right now you have AN ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM and the elephant doesn't want to do anything but use.

Every time he opens his mouth to say anything it is QUACKING and he is trying to MANIPULATE you one more time.

Please keep posting, don't be a stranger, you know we care.

Love and hugs,