View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Stubborn1
Ph.D in insanity!!

Yes I would press charges. I gave my brother ten minutes to have our truck back or he was going to jail. It was back.
My mother did not press charges on my brother for stealing her jewelry which I think was foolish on her part. However I studied the pawn shop laws and they had to sell it back to her at the price gold was going for a no more.
I personally called and spoke with a deputy and he let me get her jewelry back for what my brother sold it for as long as I don't speak of it to anyone. (till now)
My ah stole my prescription meds and I pressed charges. He never took them again.

He will always take from you until you stop him. I personally think you should hold him accountable.

I hated hurting my brother, my ah but I could not let them get away with it. Let them do that crap to a stranger, not me.
To this day.......they do not take from me. My brother is not allowed in my home.
My ah is never near my purse. They know I don't play games.
Good luck.
Ask the pawn shop if there was anyway you could buy it back for what he pawned it for. I understand they have to press charges and that may be the only way you can get it back that way.
Look up the pawn shop rules for your town.