View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 04:05 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
GoldenSilence

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
I'm probably being a whiney little baby, but I'm really having a hard time being optimistic about my life right now. My girlfriend and I moved to Davenport, WA about a month ago. It's a little wheat farming town located 35 miles west of Spokane. We were trying to move to Spokane or a neighboring town because we both have family there who we were only getting to see a couple times a year being 3 hours away. Also, we wanted more job opportunities than we had in the Leavenworth area. Susan, who is an incredible singer is trying to get into a band and I really want to go back to being a gymnastics instructor. I like to sing too, and we did find a great place to sing Karaoke, but it is still 25 miles away. Anyway, we ended up here because we couldn't find anything closer that would take 2 dogs and a cat, especially given our time and money constraints. Susan is a caregiver and found a job before we got here. I, on the other hand have been unemployed for a month. There is very little work here in Davenport, and I am somewhat limited in what kind of work I can do because so many things trigger my OCD rituals, and employers are not going to pay someone to be 'stuck' all the time. There are some jobs in Airway Heights, which is 25 miles away, but my car is old and the commute is costly with gas prices what they are. I'm just having a hard time not feeling depressed and hopeless. As far as f2f meetings, there is one AA meeting here, which for me can be a double edged sword. I know, I could be in much worse situations and I keep trying to remind myself of that. But still...

A guy recently told me he does "medical repricing" at home on his pc, his leisure a couple hours a day. Makes 900 pr month part time. There may be some inexpensive software needed. So what? It's cheaper than gas. A perfect settin for an OCD'er. Good luck and God bless ya