Old 09-24-2008, 10:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sarahlynn

I don't know if I have a drinking problem.
I didn't drink frequently, but when I drank, I would always have to get DRUNK, I could never just have one or two. When I drink I become a completely different person than I am. I do things that I would never normally do. I found that I could go and drink, and the next day when I would be hung over, I would get really depressed, and I would have anxiety. I tried to stop drinking, and I would end up having a couple beers along the way, and then the weekend came around and I got really drunk. I was so hung over, and I had the worst anxiety ever. I was so depressed, I was crying because I felt like I failed myself.. I wanted to quit drinking, but at the same time it sounded too harsh, like I didn't think I really had a problem. When I was hung over, I felt guilty. I felt terrible, depressed and I had anxiety. I'm thinking that I have a problem now, but I need someone else to recognize it too, because all my friends and family are telling me that I'm just young, and it's not a problem. I want to go to AA meetings or something to talk to other people, but at the same time I don't want anyone to know that I have a problem either.