View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
grateful2b
Leap of Faith Survivor

Bonnie, I believe in miracles.
my daughter is a walking miracle.

when she was 4 she was diagnosed with the most aggressive leukaemia known and on top of that they diagnosed her with Lymphoma .She also was diagnosed with ITP which is a platelet disease.

It took them almost a week to come to a prognosis. when they did, they told me she was not a candidate for a bone marrow transplant, and that her prognosis was not good.

At one point her oncologist sat behind his desk one day and informed me that I should take her home and enjoy her but this is when she will relapse and this is when she will die, pointing to time references in the future.

I KNEW if Kathryn was going to make it through this, it was going to be because God had plans for her...period.

As I look back on that time, I marvel at how Kathryn walked through all her treatment, without one relapse or crisis, no platelet transfusion at any point, and that is a miracle...the doctors shake their heads when they see her.

now she is fighting another battle, addiction, and again it is between her and her HP, as to what the outcome will be and again I pray...

all through her years of treatment, I would get up everyday and hand her over to her HP...and today it is the same ...

I have seen many miracles over the years..

yes, I absolutely do believe miracles happen..