View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 06:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
suemarie
'caution' broken heart ahead

respektingme....OMG! I can't believe it. How horrible. I'm glad you survived! what an a$$hole he was. My ex didnt even own or even gets close to a gun to do something like that.

So your saying that your 'thrill seeker' wasnt a drinker or drugger?
Just wondering because you said "I don't believe the two are necessarily the same. And yes, I have been hurt... by both!"
Well what I truly believe is that from what I understand reading and researching it is that a person becomes a sociopath around the age of 15 and its possible they have ADD and these people tend to end up being drinkers and this makes the whole situation worse. Just from what I understand. Glad you made it through all that. You certaintly didnt deserve that or this new situation either.

lovtolaff ...." But there is no way in Hell "we" could ever work longterm. I can't live with an alcoholic/drug addict. During the last couple of months of our relationship I was miserable, anxious, sad, hurt - and I knew it was time to let go. But boy it was hard."

Yes I know how hard it is believe me!! Its been 2 months now and I can't believe I still miss him after all the hurt and pain he caused me. I feel I must be insane!
If anyone else treated me this way I would have sworn the guy was a terrorist and I would have ran for my life! But not my ex ....why? I just can't believe someone could actually treat someone else they love "so much" so bad and then turn right around the next minute and be the nicest guy you ever met. My head spins to think about it.
I think his mind is poisoned and fried from all the alcohol and cocaine he's done for years.

I need to get this guy out of my head completly or I can't heal. What are you doing to cope? I sometimes think If I force myself to move on and just get out and start dating again that it will pass much sooner, but then I realize I really dont want that either. Its pretty lonely esp. on weekends. My ex and I used to always be doing something on the weekends and now its come to a halt.