Thread: I feel sick
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pajarito

Unhappy I feel sick

STBXAH just called me- at work- to discuss a few things.

He wants to take dd with him to a camp for 4 nights- and it's with his new girlfriend and her daughter. This would be on a weekend when I would normally have her. If you've read a few of my posts, you know dd likes this woman and her daughter, but isn't thrilled with having to share her dad with them. We recently had an incident where he took her for the day and they met his new girlfriend at a mall. On the way, dd threw a fit and screamed at him to give her his phone so she could call me to come get her. This went on for a half hour. I tried to have a calm conversation with STBXAH after the fact, but his back hair went up, because "she needs to know we've moved on." I told him today I have to think about this camp thing- that's my weekend with her, she's not into overnights anyway- kind of a home girl. . . but how can I protect her from this sort of thing? he does have a right to take her on vacations- although that hasn't happened yet. . .

Also- he's a lawyer. He's been representing himself in our divorce, but has seen that negotiations aren't going well- we can't agree to anything financially. So- he's hired himself a lawyer. I just see myself losing everything. I asked for spousal maintenance (alimony) until I am done with grad school- maybe 5 years. He told me today that's just an incentive for me to drag my feet through school. Insulting. I can't believe I was married to this man for 13 years. I put him through law school, and right now I'm working 3 jobs as well as going to school-does that sound like someone who's going to take her time getting through grad school??? I'm tired. And scared. And incredibly hurt. 10 years of alcoholic hell, 2 emotional affairs, walked away from everything a year ago to be with his girlfriend/co-worker. . . it's just too much to fathom sometimes.

I need to know I will be ok.