View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 12:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saddaughter
Paused

Dearest bonnielouise,
I know how you feel. I'm the 18 year old daughter of an alcoholic-- my dad. my mom stays with him because of the same reason your dad stays with your mom. we got my dad to check himself into rehab, and four days later he was back to drinking. he's an attorney, but he can no longer function. i don't know what to do, we've had numerous interventions for over a year now and i can literally see my dad deterioating before my eyes. i've come to terms with the fact that my dad is going to die soon from his addiction unless he quits immediately. my family & i are still trying our best to get him to quit, but i'm losing all hope. although i know that i have serious issues with my dad's addiction & the affect its having on my family, i need to know what you do to help your dad & brother deal. my mom & i talk about my dad's addiction and try to comfort one another, but i feel like there must be more i can do to be there for my mom. please help me.-- and i will pray for your mother to recover, i truly hope that she becomes sober.