Old 09-16-2008, 11:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
wish he'd quit

Originally Posted by Shivaya View Post
Hi Wish,

I'm sorry I don't have a suggestion for better communication. I just wanted you to know that I understand your frustration! It is maddening when you cannot communicate even simple things.

I've always thought it would be good for AH and I to sit with a counselor and let the counselor mediate and teach us how to effectively communicate, but he does not want to go.

What horrible situations we are in.....but sounds like we both are moving in the direction of making things better!

Keep us posted!

Shivaya

You know after reading your post I got to thinking, maybe its not only ah I need to learn to communicate with about this. Maybe its everyone involved that I talk to about this. I dont expect people to learn to communicate with me about it, but I need to learn how to better talk to people. I'm in no position to educate someone on an alcoholics behaviors, but if I try to learn what I can then maybe I can explain things better or in a way that they might understand why some of the things are so hard to just do or say. I dont think people get that alcoholism as a disease doesnt just affect one person. It affects everyone that has a relationship with the alcoholic.