Old 09-16-2008, 11:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
wish he'd quit

Thanks for the reply! Its nice to hear that someone who can relate thinks Im doing right. People who havent actually been in a relationship with an alcoholic are telling me just about everything I'm doing wrong or should be doing. Truth is that I'm not sure there always is a right time or a right way to go about things with an alcoholic. I still question if Im doing the right thing everyday, but there is no turning back. Not to mention he has a girlfriend and well Im not playing 3rd fiddle. I already know he chooses alcohol and has choosen her through his actions. I cant say it doesnt hurt that he is with someone else, but I can only hope he treats her better than he treats me. I also know to I need to stop telling my mom so much. Its kinda hard though because I tell her quite a bit, just not everything. There are only a select few people who know the whole truth.

I'm in Ohio and we pretty much lucked out with the weather. Usually we end up with the thunder storms and maybe a tornado warning. This time we only got the wind. Alot here ended up with trees on their roofs. We managed to get by with only a few snapped trees and a smashed fence. Yea I really cant imagine what it is like down south either. I just hope they can get to everyone ok.