Thread: OCD coming back
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 05:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
2stop
~Author of My Life~

jfk...............I hav ehad OCD for many years.

I have to remember a book I read by a doctor that really helped me. Recently my OCD has worsened after a year or two of some relief from it.
Every day when I leave for work I have to go back in my house check that candles are not lit, that the doors are locked, the pets are safe, the stove coffee pot off, on and on, sometimes in public the intrusive thoughts....they are more painful than physical pain.
Cognitive behavioral therapy with medication I belieev is the most effective, several studies support this approach. From my experience I can only recommend a therapist specializing in OCD and to know others suffer and have found peace and sanity.

I think the title of the book was Brain Lock..by a Jeffery something.LOL...I have been stressed to the max lately and my memory fails me. Will get back to you on that.

Hang in there. I know the pain of OCD....and I know it CAN get better.even though I cried and screamed to therapists for YEARS that it would NEVER get better.ever.it was too awful........

**********************{warmest hugs}}}}}}}}}}}