SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Wondering how to get off Suboxone/
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tinter

I am currently coming off of suboxone. I was a narcotic addict for 6 yrs and have been on suboxone for over a year now. I am clean but I tried to stop the suboxone when I moved 3 states away from my doc. I could find nobody in my area that dealt with suboxone and finally did but he wanted $250 every visit ( every 2 weeks). WOW, I can not afford that with no insurance. So I tried to just stop and felt like I was going to die on day 3. I was taking 24 mg's a day and then I started reading online about how to come off of this drug. I finally got my old doc to do a one time call in so I could wean myself off. I have been doing this for a couple of months. It is not fun especially now that I am 2 days out from any. I slowly went down every week until i was just taking a qtr of a pill every other day. It sucks, no matter what you still feel like crep. Everything that I have researched and read about Suboxone is not good for those who are taking it. Trust me it caused nothing but problems for me the whole year I was on it. Sure I am clean but I just traded one drug for another. And now I am in withdrawals again! Oh well all I can do is pray and hope this is over soon. I just don't think I would ever recommend Suboxone, sorry if this doesn't help. Thanks!
Tinter is offline   Reply With Quote