View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 08:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

((((Jules)))))
I am so proud of you. You have shown that you are stronger than you know. These early sobriety feelings do pass. It may not feel like it right now as you are in the middle of it.

In early sobriety I hated being in my own skin, my head spun, my thoughts raced, I felt like I would be drowned in a sea of emotions. It was a very frightening time. The only way I could get any relief was to spend a lot of time in my car driving through the country side and trying to concentrate on how pretty it was outside. It slowed my head to have something else to concentrate on rather than the committee in my head that kept the insanity going.

Do you work any recovery program? If not you might consider it. There is a link in the alcoholism thread of recovery programs. They do help make it easier to make it through this early sobriety time. I don't know what I would have done without the program of my choice. Sobriety is achievable and from the strength and determination you showed getting rid of the wine you can do it.

Don't worry about posting your thoughts, concerns, and fears here. That is one of the reasons many of us are here to offer experience, strength and hope to those who are trying to find and keep sobriety. Too many alcoholics/drug addicts die without ever recieving hope.

Hang in there, remember you can do this.