View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 04:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Klynn33

hey SKat,

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on this site who isn't embarassed for things they've done. I think it just goes along with being an addict. I don't think any one of us does the things we do because we want to, or think they're right......we do them because we're addicts.

As a pill addict myself, I know what you're going through....and me sitting here telling you it's going to get better, and that your energy will come back probably doesn't mean a whole lot since you're just starting out.........but I'll say it anyways it does. It didn't take me overnight for sure.......it didn't even take weeks. It's taken months. In those months I have relapsed a couple of times, but I get right back into working my recovery. I finally got to a place where I feel I deserve it, and I'm going to do what I can to get myself better. end of story.

you're going to get to that place too. The others had great advice about seeking help. especially for the withdrawals. they're extrememly dangerous. Trust me, your doctor is going to be much happier with you trying to get your life together, then to be phoning your family to let them know you're no longer with them due to the drugs that you were too embarrased to ask for help with.

I hope everything works out - just the fact that you sound like you are finally sick of what you have been doing and realize the dangers.........means this might finally be the start of a new life for you.