Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Hi Corine!! It's really great to hear from you and I am soooo glad the cancer scare was just a scare. My heart was in my throat as I was reading. I'm glad Tim agreed to help too. I've heard the saying "scratch an addict and you find a codependent" and I have seen that in real life too. I think sometimes the desire for perfectionism, saving the world, control etc is what starts that downward spiral when it just doesn't work that way and then the feeling of failure can lead to self medication. Not saying that is the case all the time or even the majority - addiction is far too baffling for me to have a clue why!

Doing well here...unusual to be on the computer during the day in the summer on the weekend, but ole Hanna is doing her thing here and I imagine where you are too. My older daughter is doing well, still clean and sober, in a good relationship with a guy with about 3 years in recovery (they have had their on again off again moments but they seem determined to make a go and overcome the hurdles and grow); is back in college and working a full time job that has a career path and benefits...woohoo. Our relationship is better than ever and I am grateful for every moment. Despite not having active addiction in my life for over 2 years now, I still come here and go to Naranon since I find it benefits every aspect of my life.

One of my favorite ages is 5 too. I think if I stayed in teaching I would have wanted kindergarten. Enjoy.