View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
kelsh

Exclamation Getting off hydrocodone & diet pills...

Hi Spyckat, :ghug3

I think it was hydrocodone you were talking about being addicted to with your teeth problems....please don't be ashamed of where you are with your addiction. The docs have heard it all & when a patient comes in asking for help that makes their day as well as being able to help you. :ghug2

I just got out of a Geriatric Psychiatric Unit for a severe manic attack & I felt shame at first but couldn't remember what all I had done. Now that I am home after 10 days, I get bits & pieces told to me when I ask.

I had too much stress coming at me from too many directions & my mind & body took over...crazy...I was evaluated at the local ER by a co-worker I had at Mental Health before I retired. So embarassing. I refused to go to the hospital so was ITA'd & taken by ambulance because my husband had just been released from another hospital where he went for breathing problems.

It is not embarassing nor being a failure to ask for help. An addiction is almost always too hard to quit unless you have help from others including a doc, AA, or NA. I got sober 20 years ago with the help of the alcohol program, my doc, & AA. I also got help for my depression & had counseling for that too.

Please think about where you are now & where you would like to be a few months from now if you get help. Please keep coming back to read, post, or tell us Hi so we know you are okay.

kelsh