Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nevergivingup
President

Hello

Hello SR people. Not sure if anyone will remember me. Its been a loooong time. But, in light of recent events, I thought it was a good time to come back and update everyone.

I had left on rather "not good" terms, sinking myself into depression. I'm actually doing alot better. I have good days and bad days, but I do see the good in life and do take the time to appreciate everyone/everything.

A couple of months ago, I was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. I'm doing okay! The whole thing was a real shock. Made me start planning for the future... starting writing a will, was going to basically sell everything I owned so that Jay would have money when he grew up. Was going to move back in with my parents, etc. Ended up that they were wrong. So, after months of tests, treatments, etc. I was told that all the worrying was for nothing. I was mad about that, but today I'm grateful.

Jay is doing well. He started Kindergarten last week. Some of you may remember that he was really sick for long time. He's doing so much better. He had surgery to correct his hearing (60% hearing loss for over 2 years). Now, he'll be hopefully getting Speech therapy, OT and PT to help him get through the rest. But otherwise, he's happy and healthy and just perfect. I took off most of the summer to spend time together and we had just a fantastic time!

Okay, now to what made me think to come back here today...... Anyone who remembers me knows that Jay's dad, Tim, had a heroine addiction. He had been sober for a long time. He was doing really well. After our year long court battle, we were actually starting to get along. He was paying child support. He was showing up to see Jay. We were actually becoming close friends. About a month or so ago, he had started talking alot about being depressed. And then 2 weeks ago, he'd picked up Jay and then called me and asked if he could bring him back, that he just couldn't do it and he needed to go to a meeting. Then he didn't show up last weekend (the holiday) like he had promised Jay. Called his phone to check on him. Of course, it had been shut off. After a couple of days, I called his fam. They finally called me back at 11pm last night.... his mom. She lied (in true MIL fashion, but I forgive her). Saying that someone had stolen his phone, blah, blah, blah. Then his sister called this morning and spilled the beans. He relapsed. They tracked him down by staking out his apartment ( I remember the days when that was my job). And he willingly went to detox and will be going to a 28 day program.

I'm actually not surprised the whole thing happened. Like I said above, I had seen him getting depressed and had just picked up on some things that used to trigger my brain to let me know he was using. What I'm concerned about, is Jay. Tim had been coming regularly for a while now. He had gotten very used to seeing him/being around him. If they weren't having a visit together, I was on the phone with him or Jay was on the phone with him. It's not like when he was 2 and didn't know any better. He's 5, he gets that dad is missing. What do I say? How do I tell him? What do I tell him?

So, after my one year absence, I'm back! I've missed you guys. I've checked in from time to time, just to read and still keep in touch with many off of here. But, I want to know how everyone is doing. So, even if you don't have anything to share about my question, please stop in and let me know how things are going!

Corine