View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

Oh Happy DAY!!!!

Well guys...It happened finally.
I dont know if some of you remember last year I had a falling out with my father. I came out of a mental hospital and they made me dig deep in my mind about alot of things.
Long story short. I emailed him when I got out and told him what was on my mind. It wasnt nice. Mostly about his wife and how he lets that pig run everything. And alot of other things. I also emailed my sisiter who said she didnt want her kids around me cause I was a drug addict. Like I am the worst person in the world. While her BF is in jail right now for breaking her sons arm and leg.
ANYWAY. It has been a year and I wrote my dad many apologies. With no responce. He would come to my house and ignore me.
So I decided to let it go and let time run its course. Hoping he would come around.

Well today..And I am crying again for the 3rd time today.
He called this morning..sold me a van he has for 1100 bucks. 350 down and hes going to let me give him 100 a minth for the rest. And when he came over. It was like we never had that falling out. LAughing and talking like we use to. He told me if he sees that van in the city where I get high. He will take it back. He works there so he will see me.
That right there told me he cares. He does love me.

I dont even care about the van. I am just so happy that he is communicating with me again.
It hurt so much that he turned his back on me and outcasted me for the past year. I never knew him really growing up. He was always in jail or drunk when I was a kid.
I just dont have anymore words that can explain how friggin ecstatic I feel right now.

Anyone who struggles with regret. Letting go. Forgiveness.
I am a firm believer that as long as you do what you need to do on your part to make amends. And learn to forgive and let go. It may take time. But it is key to moving forward.
We are only responsible for our own actions and we cant control anyone but ourselves.
I had to let go and forgive to make myself better. And I had to wait a year for my amends. But it came. And I cant tell you how grateful I am.

Ok chokin back tears again.
Today is a wonderful day people.